How does one revolutionize a model of power delivery that finds itself rooted in the era of Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla? Simply put, it isn’t a one person job. VPS is a growing team of diverse software engineers, hardware engineers, data scientists and designers who share a passion for solving multidisciplinary problems. Building a software-driven smart grid that will transform how power is managed isn’t easy. But hard problems are the ones that we are most
passionate about. It is simply who we are.
As a Software Testing Intern, you will be responsible for setting up software and hardware systems and performing functional testing of the firmware within VPS hardware through external communication via network protocols. You will write tests in Python and automate the testing process. You will also record test results and create status reports based on the findings.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the QA team as well as cross-functionally with other teams including Program Management, Development and Solutions
- Create test cases for compatibility testing
- Perform functional testing of firmware within ICE hardware through external communication to find compatibility issues
- Troubleshoot failures
- Record and publish test results
- File bugs/issues
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of creating and executing test cases and plans
- Knowledge of functional, integration, system, and testing
- Experience in working with Linux & Python with scripting capabilities
- Fast learner with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills