How does one revolutionize a model of power delivery that finds itself rooted in the era of Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla? Simply put, it isn’t a one person job. VPS is a growing team of diverse software engineers, hardware engineers, data scientists and designers who share a passion for solving multidisciplinary problems. Building a software-driven smart grid that will transform how power is managed isn’t easy. But hard problems are the ones that we are most
passionate about. It is simply who we are.
As a Product Manager for Hardware, you will drive product features and projects to ensure a seamless interaction between our software and hardware components. Working with our Product team to transform the world of tomorrow, developing our hardware roadmap with our own components and other vendors while influencing and participating in top-priority projects utilizing product management skill sets and methodologies to ensure success.
What You’ll Do
- Drive initiatives with market analysis and product definition while capturing and documenting requirements for our Hardware components
- Work cross-functionally across VPS Teams including Hardware, Firmware, Software, Data-Science, Program Management and Business Units
- Work with product managers and other Business Units to create product strategy documents including marketing requirements, product requirements to support the company go-to-market strategy
- Present product vision to leadership and other members of the organization
- Identify process gaps and get involved in new processes implementation to support and further build change management processes
- Bachelor’s in Robotics, ME, EE or related field
- Master’s in Business or direct experience in business operations experience
- Strong understanding of HW NPI and Product Lifecycle phases.
- Experience in product management processes
- Relevant experience on hardware, power components at data-centers a strong plus
- General program and project management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Availability to travel between Toronto (Canada) and Milpitas (USA)
|Job Category||Hardware, Product|