How does one revolutionize a model of power delivery that finds itself rooted in the era of Thomas Edison and Nikola Tesla? Simply put, it isn’t a one person job. VPS is a growing team of diverse software engineers, hardware engineers, data scientists and designers who share a passion for solving multidisciplinary problems. Building a software-driven smart grid that will transform how power is managed isn’t easy. But hard problems are the ones that we are most passionate about. It is simply who we are.
As a Java/Scala Developer Intern, you will be working closely with our Data Scientists and Frontend Engineers to build a revolutionary product that intelligently optimizes and allocates power in the data center.
What You’ll Do
- Work with team on architecture, design and testing of scalable and reliable backend infrastructure that collects and stores large amount of data
- Develop product features, build unit tests and create documentation
- Work cross functionally with data science, front-end and QA teams to define interfaces and address dependencies
- Participate in product requirement meetings
- Hold or currently finishing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Excellent coding skills in Java (bonus if you are familiar with Scala)
- Strong understanding on distributed systems, clustering etc.
- Familiarity with one or more distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, AKKA or similar
- Understanding of cloud computing and public clouds like AWS, GCE etc.
- Experience using and building RESTful web services
- Self motivated and passionate about building large scale distributed systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills